Ride on Lawnmower Service Procedure
Here at Tuxford Lawnmower Centre, we pride ourselves on being very thorough when it comes to manintenance and servicing of your Garden Machinery. We carry out servicing on a wide range of ride on lawnmowers each year.
ATCO, HUSQVARNA, STIGA, JOHN DEERE, WESTWOOD, HONDA, HAYTER, LAWNKING, MOUNTFIELD, COUNTAX, PARTNER, SAXON, LAWNFLITE, MTD, KUBOTA, IZEKI, FERRIS, SCAG, VIKING, and many more...
Below is a detailed list of the work carried out on a full service on your ride on lawnmower:
- Run the machine and check all functions
- Drain engine oil
- Remove cutter deck
- Remove, balance and sharpen blades
- Remove air cleaner element and blank inlet. Degrease and pressure clean the machine and cutter deck.
- Remove engine blower housing. Check and clean the cooling fins.
- Check and set armature air gap and check fuel pipe condition.
- Strip & clean the carburetor and check that the fuel tank is clean, if necessary, drain and air dry tank.
- Check engine mounting and sump bolts and security off attachments
- Check the starter motor gear for damage. Replace if required.
- Rebuild the engine components.
- Check drive belt & idler pulleys.
- Check drive chain and sprockets (if fitted) and lubricate
- Check and lubricate the steering bushes and joints, quadrants and pinions.
- Check and lubricate front axle pivot, stub axles, bushes, wheel bearings and shafts.
- Check and lubricate all other lever pivot bushes
- Check rear axle and transaxle for security and damage
- Check that the rear wheels move freely on the shafts
- Check the tyres for punctures and check tyre pressures
- Check the blade brake function
- Check mandrel housings and bearings/shafts
- check idler pulleys
- Refit blades to deck.
- Check notched belts, pulleys and idlers for synchronized blade systems, re-synchronize if necessary.
- Refit deck
- Check wiring loom, battery and electric switches
- Fill to correct level with new engine oil
- Clean or renew the air filter element
- Run the machine
- Check and set idler no load and top speed no load R.P.M
- Check the function on all safety devices.
We understand that not everyone has the means of getting your ride on lawnmower to our workshop. We do offer a collection and delivery service. If you are within a certain radious this service is free of charge. If you happen to be out of our free collection radious there will be a slight charge dependant on how far away you are. This will be discussed upon booking your lawnmower in with us.
We would advise the best time to service your ride on lawnmower is out of season during the winter periods. We understand when the grass is growing you will not want to be without your machine for any period of time.
For more inforamtion on booking your lawnmower in for a full service and prices please contact us on 01522779110